Child Protection Policy | Evolve Tennis Academy
Child Protection Policy
Evolve Tennis Academy is committed to providing a safe environment for all children and young people. We work hard to ensure that our practices enable us to provide the safest environment possible for children and young people to participate in tennis activities. We are an affiliate of Tennis Australia and uphold the Tennis Australia Safeguarding Children Code of Conduct which has been developed specifically to protect the health, safety and well-being of all children participating in Australian tennis programs, activities, events or services. This code of conduct outlines the behaviour standards required of our staff and personnel when dealing with children participating in our programs.
We ensure that staff always act in the best interests of children and young people, take all reasonable steps to keep them safe, and promptly respond to any concern regarding the safety or development of children in our care.
1. Our Commitments
- We commit to the safety and well-being of all children and young people who access any of our programs, services or facilities.
- We commit to providing children and young people with positive and nurturing experiences.
- We commit to listening to children and young people and empowering them by taking their view seriously and addressing any concerns that they raise with us.
- We commit to take action to ensure that children and young people are protected from exploitation, abuse or harm.
- We commit to support families and communities to promote children’s healthy development and well-being.
2. Recruitment and Pre-Employment Screening
Every staff member and volunteer at Evolve Tennis Academy must meet the following employment criteria:
- All employees and volunteers must obtain and maintain valid Working With Children Check certificates
- We do not appoint employees or volunteers until a satisfactory WWC and/or Police Check has been completed
- All coaching staff must maintain a current coaching qualification and insurance (Tennis Australia, ATPCA or equivalent ITF recognised certificate).
- All senior employees must maintain a valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Our staff must comply with the Tennis Australia National Policies.
3. Safeguarding Standards
- We commit to communicating honestly and openly with parents and carers about the wellbeing and safety of their children.
- We commit to transparency in our decision-making with parents and carers where it will not compromise the safety of children or young people.
- Emergency care: all of our senior coaches have first aid qualifications and will administer emergency care when needed, including calling an ambulance if they deem necessary. All injuries are recorded at our club and our club membership includes Personal Sports Accident Insurance with Tennis NSW.
- Wet weather policy: coaches will decide if the court is dangerous to play on. Indoor programs will then be set up
- Equipment: children must wear appropriate footwear. Hats are strongly recommended and there is sunscreen available in the centre upon request.
- Ongoing staff development: all coaching staff are Tennis Australia Qualified coaches and undergo ongoing training to uphold a high standard of coaching.
4. Child abuse reports and allegations
- All Evolve Tennis Academy staff have a duty to report any suspected child abuse and allegations to the Director for follow up action.
- We commit to further reporting any suspicious behaviour or allegations of child abuse to relevant authorities.
5. Media use policy
- We like to use photos of real people and community members using our facilities for our reports to Council, on our social media, website or flyers. If you do not want us to take photos or videos of yourself or your children please let any of our staff members know. We will never provide third parties with copies of any photos without your permission or sell any photos taken for commercial purposes.
6. Complaint contacts
- We take every matter and issue seriously, no matter how small, no matter who they are directed at
- We commit to responding to all complaints promptly and will take all the necessary steps to resolve any issue in a timely manner and in accordance with the Tennis Australia Member Protection Policy
Please email email@example.com